The inaugural Safer Simposium was hosted by the University of Massachusetts-Amherst on September 18-21. The 3 day meeting included:
- laboratory tours
- presentations from over 15 students from 5 Universities about their ongoing research
- presentations from each of the consortium members Associate Directors
- working meetings for collaborative research projects on toll plaza safety, bicycle safety, and roadway design simulation technology
- professional development activities to provide students the opportunity to practice social skills in a variety of settings
- technical exchange concerning simulator technology
The next Simposium is being planned for late February.